Read and Follow the pre-course assignments per US Soccer: US Soccer E License Information and Requirements, Click Here (also linked below individually)
Estimated time investment for pre-course work can range from 3-8 hours based upon prior soccer knowledge.
USSF E-License Information Page: Click Here
- Laws of the Game; Part A & Park B - Must be complete prior to course
- Part A - Complete the U.S. Soccer Referee exam ("E" license candidates are required to complete modules 4, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17)...Candidates are not required to print a completion certificate. Your exam results will be automatically shared with your State Soccer Association host and U.S. Soccer.
- Part B - Research and write a brief report on the rationale of modified small-sided games rules. Contact your local League or soccer organization to locate the modified rules of play for the team that you coach. Read and review the modifications for the following FIFA Rules:
- 1 Field, 2 Ball, 3 Players, 5 Referee, 6 Assistant Referee, and 7 Duration of Game.
- Team Management - Must be complete prior to course
- Risk Management Assignment (including Concussion Awareness) - Must be completed prior to the course
- Concussion Awareness - English (online): Script / Quiz
- *Candidates are required to print a completion certificate and submit during the opening lecture. If you are experiencing difficulties accessing the online concussion assignment, you may request a CD-ROM version of the course from the CDC at no cost. If you would like to order a copy of the course on CD-ROM visit the CDC publication order form.
- You may also contact firstname.lastname@example.org or print and use the written test below.
- Concussion Awareness - Spanish: Script / Quiz
- Practical Coaching Summary - Bring copy class