The US Soccer National Coaching Courses challenge coaches to recognize, think about, discuss, and develop relevant training activities that address the recurring concepts or themes that exist in soccer. Candidates are challenged to find ways to offer constructive guidance to players while also allowing them to experience the game for themselves.
The National "C" License course is designed to introduce concepts typical of players in the 11 – 14 age range and a primary emphasis is the close relationship between technique and tactics. In this course, technique and tactics will be addressed together. In the practice field sessions and the final field exam, the candidate is required to address the impact that technique has on tactics.
Three (3) General Goals of the National "C" License Course:
1. To prepare coaches to better recognize problems and solutions as they occur in the run of play and to communicate this information to their players,
2. To create rich soccer environments that allow players to grow, and
3. To provide a foundation for any coach wishing to pursue higher levels within U.S. Soccer’s Coaching Education Program.
The National "C" License course will also provide a foundation in the following areas: tactics, technique, methods of coaching and issues in youth player development, some of which have been introduced in the "D" License course, and will be expanded upon in the National "B" and National "A" License courses.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have held the National "D" License for a minimum of 12 months (attach a copy to application)
National "D" License certification may be waived ONLY under one of the following conditions:
1. Applicant received the NSCAA National Diploma and has held it for a minimum of 12 months.
2. Applicant has three (3) years of coaching experience (any level) AND three (3) years of playing experience with a Senior Nationl Team or three (3) years of FIFA recognized professional playing experience.
3. A foreign license of equivalence; to be reviewed by the U.S. Soccer Coaching Department.
CLICK HERE for additional information on applying for a waiver.
*Only 40 spots are available. You must register online AND mail your application.
STATE HOSTED NATIONAL "C" LICENSE COURSE IN OTTAWA, KANSAS TO BE CONDUCTED JULY 27 - AUGUST 4, 2013.
COST: $900 (COMMUTER); $1,150 (RESIDENTIAL)
*For more information, please download and read the APPLICATION below
HOW DO I REGISTER AND APPLY FOR THIS COURSE: (THE COURSE IS FULL - REGISTRATION IS CLOSED.)
1. CLICK HERE to register online (Credit Cards payment for the $200 non-refundable deposit will be accepted and only charged once you have been accepted to the course).
2. Download the application (PDF link below) and submit to the KSYSA State Office along with ALL (paper application, photo, waiver, copy of National D) documentation required.
3. Once your COMPLETED application and registration along with the $200 non-refundable deposit has been recieved, you will be notified of your acceptance status.
4. Once ACCEPTED to the course, you must submit remaining balance for the course (if you registered online with a credit card, the remaining balance will be charged to the credit card) by 5:00PM on June 14, 2013. If balance is not paid, your deposit can be forfeited and your place in the course lost.
DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION (PDF)
Once you have been accepted into the course (online registration, submitted ALL documentation, processed $200 deposit/balance) please begin your work to complete the National "C" License PRE-COURSE ASSIGNMENTS (PDF).
If this course does not fit into your schedule, please visit the U.S. Soccer Coaching Education site for other National Course Schedules.