Treasurer Office Description
The Treasurer of MYSA shall:
- direct the keeping of full and accurate accounts of receipts and disbursements of MYSA, with the accounts being maintained at the Association office to the extent approved by the Treasurer in accordance with the financial policies of MYSA;
- oversee the preparation of the financial statements on a monthly basis and send them to the Organization members after the end of the reporting period, with additional statements being prepared as directed by the Board of Directors;
- in accordance with the financial policies of MYSA, secure an independent audit of the financial accounts and transactions of MYSA;
- assist the Board of Directors in reviewing a proposed annual budget for MYSA;
- prepare papers regarding tax exempt status of MYSA; and
- perform other responsibilities assigned by the Board of Directors or the President.